PolyPeptide Laboratories is a high-tech enterprise specializing in the development, manufacture and sale of therapeutically active peptides. PolyPeptide SA, Belgium, with approximately 500 employees is part of the international PolyPeptide Group with companies in Sweden, India, USA, France and Belgium.
To strengthen our EHS Department based in Braine-L'Alleud, Belgium, we are looking for one talent :
Global Sustainability & EHS specialist
- Participates in the development and implementation of the global EHS management system (SOP – EHS regulation - …)
- Participates of the harmonization of EHS process through the group
- Management of internal EHS projects such as annual Ecovadis assessments, annual CO2 footprint assessments, …
- Coordinates the EHS group awareness program
- Assists the Global EHS director in the development of a Corporate EHS management system delivering the corporate goals focused on a continuous improvement process.
- Ensures site compliance by organizing internal EHS audits.
- Participates in the development of EHS guidance to harmonize EHS practices through the group.
- Maintains the annual EHS internal audit program.
- Supports EHS Group director to identify, develop and communicate plans to close critical gaps or findings from internal and external audits related to environmental, health and safety, security, and loss prevention and drive appropriate corrective actions.
EHS regulation & chemicals
- Maintains the EHS regulation tool up to date.
- Participates at the assessment of evolving EHS related regulations and legislation, ensuring a thorough understanding and mitigation planning to ensure full compliance.
- Supports PolyPeptide sites to ensure their compliance regarding REACH regulation (safety data sheet, …)
- Coordinates sites chemicals risk assessment according to corporate procedure.
- Coordinates the Group CO2 footprint assessment following the GHG protocol and organize the collect of data through the group.
- Supports sites for the implementation of the PolyPeptide CO2 reduction program.
- Coordinates ESG assessments such as ECOVADIS and develop action plan to improve the company scoring.
- Participates at the identification of sustainability initiatives and at the assessment of sustainability projects to implement them through the group.
- Coordinates a Group EHS awareness program to improve sustainability and EHS performance of the group.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Environment, sustainability, health, safety management
- 5+ years of progressive experience in leading and implementing environment, health, and safety, and/or security programs.
- Strong knowledge of health and safety regulations (OSHA, hazard communication, accident investigation, safety training methods, ECHA, REACH etc.)
- Knowledgeable of industry best practice
- Ability to communicate effectively, write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Experience related to the management of projects and ISO14001/ ISO45001 certifications/ Lead of internal EHS audit according to ISO standards.
- Language: English language written & spoken
- Mobility: Periodic business trip
- Pro-active and creative
- Cooperative and Solution oriented
Why you should apply
At PolyPeptide, we strive to attract passionate and outstanding talents who thrive on change and are ready to bring real value to patients and customers. Working for us you’ll discover a place where you can grow and express your full potential. We place an emphasis on innovation, excellence and trust. Through meaningful recognition and a motivating work atmosphere, we aim to provide an optimal experience by caring about and valuing our employees – just as we do for the patients we serve.
If you believe you are the perfect match to join us on our pioneering adventure, then we invite you to apply and tell us more about your profile and motivation.
What we offer is :
- a full time contract
- an attractive salary
- an extra-legal benefits and insurances
- a company car
- a challenging position in an innovative and dynamic work environment with an open culture.